Unicorn Meat(This is a module about an abandoned backwoods factory farm for unicorns that has gone full True Detective / LISA the Painful)
The first draft of the module is complete, but first drafts have a way of revealing to you that completion is a fair way away. I've got potential revisions all written down and ready for addition once the mental batteries recharge.
The main change will be one of framing and focus. All of the playtests so far have been about a adventuring party happening upon the events at the farm, and this has brought with it issues of motivation and confusion of what to do. To address this, I feel that a switcheroo is in order: "carvergirls attempting to escape the farm" gets bumped up to the primary hook, while "adventurers from the outside" gets bumped down the list.
All the rest is just cleanup and reorganization of what I've already got down, with a bit of expansion where needed. With the carvergirls bumped up as the primary player option adding a Nightwatch class and their spells is going to happen.
There's a ways to go, but I'm excited. It's gonna be great.
The Great Discape(This is a weirdo setting of a bunch of strange places on the back of a giant whale.)
I haven't forgotten about it.
The Danscape, while loads of fun to play and run,was a bit of a big, unguided mess. Setting was so big that it might as well not have existed or could have been a single planet, maybe even within walking distance. The 100-long list of species went mostly untouched and unused. It's all diluted, and in the heat of the moment it is too much for a DM to use adequately on the fly.
I had some thoughts of paring the setting down, perhaps adding the Wanderers as the main races, but that didn't come to fruition.
Because I've already got a project with "scape" in it already. (Draft here.)
After some feedback from folks and a good time of thinking, I've got some notions of combining the two, so that everyone is far less confused about everything.
Some ideas and edits that have taken hold.
- Cutting down the number of major regions - already done in the draft, down to 14.
- Adding a list of minor regions (which will include abridged versions of those cut)
- Consolidating the places of note from Danscape to Discape.
- The Discape itself is made of dead gods, because why not?
- There is no off switch to the K6BD influences.
- Filling out the Discape with some more random tables.
- There was that huge race table made for the Danscape. I don't think it will be added in, but I'll figure something out for it.
Mother Stole Fire(This is my "default" fantasy setting)
Broad-view plans for all this is to make a sort of setting gazetteer, in the vein of Chromatic Soup. A map of the Olen River Valley adventure region and a series of background equipment kits have been sketched out and I've got a decent short list of pre-existing posts to polish and throw together.
Untitled Post Apocalyptic Project(This has yet to be made)
There is in my head the shape of a game. An apocalyptic game, but after a revelatory apocalypse rather than a destructive one. Fit for fighting monsters and paranormal investigation, but more in the vein of Hellboy and the BPRD than Call of Cthulhu or Delta Green. Something that scratches the Degenesis itch more than a hack can.
If Hellboy + Dreamlands + Esoteric Enterprises + Degenesis + Warframe for some fucking reason sounds like a good time to you, this is one to keep tabs on.
Games I Want to RunGot plenty of stuff on the docket for this year, but the main plans are:
- Mothership - Got plenty of stuff to use already and I can't wait to get started.
- Warhammer 40k via SWN - Using John B's excellent little hack, I can finally knock 40k off the bucket list.
- DCC - Want to try a longer campaign on this one, I've got plenty of material for it. Once my copy of Chained Coffin comes in that'll definitely see some use.
- Other stuff - Who knows? There shall always be more opportunities.