University wizards love going on about the music of the spheres. Endless papers written about the eternal harmony of celestial bodies, vibrations of the astral plane, the choir invisible, blah blah blah.
Needless to say, that's not really how it all works.
Perk: You can earn [reaction roll] silver pieces through busking per day while in town.
Drawback: You make a lot of noise and your hands are generally occupied with an instrument.
1: You may make a piercing whistle, and may choose to make it inaudible to humans.
2: You may infect someone with an ear-worm of up to 30 seconds in length, lasting for 1d8 hours and recurring 1d6 hours later on a failed save.
3: You may transmit basic messages and commands through your instrument.
Spell List:Bardic uses a few unique mechanics:
- All spells have the same range, being that of hearing distance.
- Spell dice, while rolled and burnt as normal, do no directly empower spells: instead, each spell die invoked represents an active effect for the current song.
- Active effects cannot be doubled.
- Spells will cease to have effect when the caster is interrupted (damaged, pushed over,
Allies gain 1d6 HP.
Song of Resistance
Allies gain +1 to saves.
Song of Scaresome Might
Enemies take -1 to morale.
Song of Battle
Allies gain +1 to hit.
Song of Inspiration
Enemies take -1 to hit.
Song of Courage
Allies gain resistance to fear.
Song of Spells
Enemies must pass save vs magic to cast a successful spell.
Song of Luck
Allies will make a successful critical strike on 19-20.
Song of the Fleetfoot
Allies may move an additional space on their turn.
Song of Discord
Enemies must save vs magic or be deafened.
Song of Softness
Enemies deal -1 damage
Song of Striking
Allies gain + 1 damage.
I Would Like a More Different, More Traditional Spell List:Put your favorite playlist on shuffle and keep going until you get twelve song titles you like. Make those into spells. If you are lazy, supplement from the list below:
- Synchronicity II
- Blind Guardian
- Till My Head Falls Off
- Busted and Blue
- Leave My Body
- The Drugs
- Bloody Stream
- Garage Palace
- Last Living Souls
- If We Were Vampires
- The Opened Way
- The Invading Tyrant
- Champagne Supernova
- Reaper Man
- 666 Kill Chop Deluxe
- Dragons in the Mud
- Snake Soul
- First In Last Out
- Hymn to Nikkal No. 6
- Blood and Thunder
- Pan pipes
- Bamboo flute
- Tin whistle
- Polyphonic chant
- Upright bass
- Brass horn
- The song is lost, spend 1d6 turns getting it going again.
- Song ends abruptly, all dice invoked burn out.
- All allies deafened for 1d6 turns.
- Current song is reduced to 1 random effect.
- Take 1d6 damage.
- Spell dice return only on 1-2 for 24 hours.
- The muse has left, your music is mundane and mediocre for 24 hours.
- As above, for 3 days.
- Your music has left you forever.