Perk: Impressive hat or hood that obscures the face. Bright red / blue / gold robes that cannot be dirtied.
Drawback: Start with 1 mutation.
1: You may conceal your mutations beneath your robes, and make dramatic reveals of them.
2: Can throw voice within 20' or speak with a polyphonic voice.
3: Colors within 5' may be changed or brightened at will.
Spell List:There is no set spell list for magelanders. Instead, whenever you learn a new spell or spells, roll for magic words from the list or lists of your choice and choose two words for each spell. Assemble them as you wish.
R: Touch T: Door or container D: [sum] rounds
When the target is opened, the spell summons an adult great white shark of 3+[dice] HD, that will thrash around and attempt to bite (1d8 damage) all nearby beings until it dies in [sum] rounds.
R: 20' T: Undead creature of [dice] HD x2 or less D: 10 minutes
The target becomes immensely confused, as if aware for the first time of its state. This is characterized by the creature starring at its hands, staring out into space, staring up into the heavens, and silently mouthing simple phrases of existential questioning. It will pay no attention to any creatures during the duration of this spell.
R: Touch T: Recently removed heart D: [sum] hours
The heart gives off light equivalent to a standard oil lamp. It will float steadily within 5' of the caster, and gives off a calm, appropriate beat. Additional effects can occur depending on [sum].
- If the heart is lit for more than 6 hours, it will begin to whisper secrets about the party. There is a 1/3 chance these are lies.
- If the heart is lit for more than 10 hours, random encounters will be triggered on 1-2.
- If the heart is lit for more than 14 hours, all corpses within its light have a 50% chance of re-animation
- If the heart is lit for more than 18 hours, it will gain one charge of fire spray (15' cone, 3d6 damage)
R: 30' T: Creatures in range D: 1 minute
Caster lets out a hearty laugh that imbues those that hear it with vigor and energy. [sum] points are split among those who listen to add to their rolls: points that go unused by the end of the time limit are not saved.
R: 30' T: Creature D: [sum] turns
The target is muted. If 4 [dice] are invoked, the caster may pull the target's tongue out and do with it what they will before it is returned to the target's mouth.
R: 20 miles T: Area D: 0
Caster is capable of determining any inclement weather developing within the scanning area. If 2 or more [dice] are invoked, the severity and length will be accurately determined.
R: 40' line T: Area D: 0
Summons a spectral deer of nightmarish appearance. All beings who gaze upon it must make a save vs. fear at -[dice]. The blind, and those who know to cover their eyes, will not be affected.
R: 5' T: Ground D: 0
Creates a steel wall [dice]x2 ft in length and up to 10' in height. The wall has 30 HP and can be broken through with bludgeoning or fire damage.
R: Touch T: Surface D: 5 minutes
Opens up a doorway into the Inner Sanctum of Click-Cog
R: 20' T: Creature D: 0
Reveals the thoughts of the target, which float in the air as glowing glyphs. [dice] number of thoughts can be transcribed, with a total of [sum] words split among all of them.
R: N/A T: N/A D: 0
Summons three representatives of the Hidden Council of Stripes, sitting at table and partaking of their conference meal. The caster may ask favors of them, including but not limited to:
- Deal [sum]+[dice] damage, as magic missile
- [dice] pieces of pertinent information.
- Change the weather for [sum] hours.
- Providing [dice] x2 rations worth of raw meat.
- Revealing secret doors
R: Touch T: Bone D: 0
The caster may shape [dice] bones into any simple shape of equivalent mass.Weapons, armor, and tools can be crafted, given sufficient material.
- Take 1d6 damage, roll for a mutation.
- Deafened for 1d6 turns, roll for a mutation
- Blinded for 1d6 turns, roll for a mutation
- Explodes, reforms in 1d6 hours, roll for a mutation
- Transforms into whirlwind of fire for 1d6 turns, roll for a mutation.
- Roll for two mutations
- You become dull and grey for a full day. Your spell dice are cut in half and you can only cast random orthodox spells.
- You become dull and grey for three days. You are reduced to one spell die and may only cast random orthodox spells.
- You are permanently bleak and lifeless. You are reduced to one spell die, and may only know a total of three orthodox spells, at random.