Have you ever wished that your wizard was more squid-themed? Do you wish to join the ranks of the the calimarimancers of the Oa Atoll? Worry and fret no longer! Now, you too can become a dread servant of the Cephalogods!
- You will not be attacked by cephalopods without provocation.
- You can safely drink salt water.
R: [sum] x5' T: line or cone D: 0
Covers [dice] x 10'^2 in slick, colorful ink. Those walking across the effected area must make a check to avoid slipping. Creatures directly hit by an ink splash must save vs blindness.
R: 30' T: Creature D: 1 attack
Target is hit with a bright splash of ink, granting the next attack against it +[dice] to hit.
R: Touch T: Self D: [sum] rounds
Creates a blinding, stinging haze of ink that spreads to [dice] x 10' in all directions of caster.
R: Touch T: Book or scroll D: Permanent
The contents of a book or scroll are reduced to a liquid that may be carried around in a vial and drunk as a potion. Drinking a mundane book will impart the contents of the work. Scrolls will be cast immediately upon conversion to liquid. For spellbooks, the spells inside will fight each other for dominance until 1d3, at random, are left.
R: [dice] x 10' T: Self D: 0
Propels caster in a straight line, leaving behind a trail of ink.
Blob of Bioluminescence
R: 40' T: Point D: 0
Launches an orb of STR 45 glowing ink that will stick to surfaces and burst after [dice] minutes, turning a into [sum] x 10'^2 puddle of STR 5 glowing ink.
R: Touch T: Self D: 1 minute
Your skin pulsates with chromatophoric patterns, depending on how many dice are invested.
- 1D: Simple color and pattern changing, no light produced.
- 2D: Complex colors and patterns, weak light produced.
- 3D: Chaotic pulses of color, bright light produced.
R: 15' T: Creature or object D: 0
The caster's arm transforms into a tentacle which may grapple and drag enemies of [dice] HD or lower, pulling them towards the caster. If the object or creature cannot be pulled, the caster will be pulled towards it.
R: 50' T: Self D: [sum] turns
An arm is removed and imbued with its own life. it can crawl and wiggle about according to its owner's wishes.
R: Touch T: Self D: [dice] rounds
Caster transforms into a squid. They cannot attack, but can cast spells and move at swimming speed (2x normal) over ink-covered areas.
R: Sight T: pool of ink D: [die] x 5 minutes
A continuous patch of ink becomes [sum]' deep.
R: n/a T: Self D: see below.
- [sum] < 5: Speak with Cephalopod
- [sum] < 10: Hear the whispers of the Cephalogods - gain +2 to a roll of your choice, but all saves are made at -2 until it is spent.
- [sum] < 20: Mouth of Madness - Enemies within the sound of your voice take -[dice] to their next roll.
- [sum] > 20: The Bentantacled Ones manifest, all present check morale at -[dice], targeted enemies must save or take [sum] damage (splittable)
- [sum] = 24: Transform permanently into a Herald of the Cephalogods, gaining the following:
- 15' aura of fear, effecting both enemies and allies with disadvantage on morale and saves against fear.
- Brain removal - Do 1d8 damage to a grappled humanoid opponent. On an 8 or a killing blow, their brain in removed and you gain 1d8 HP back.
- Mouth of Madness - as above.
- Permanent Speak with Cephalopod.
- You cannot cast this spell again.
- Ink-blinded for 1d4 hours
- Speak only squidlish for 1d6 hours
- Stuck in squid form for 1d6 hours
- Fire a second random spell
- Moment of crippling existential fear: save against or be fearful for [sum] turns.
- All saves at -1 for 24 hours
- Cannot create ink or commune for 24 hours
- Cannot create ink or commune for 1d3 days
- Mind devoured by the Cephalogods. Cannot commune, INT, WIS, CHA reduced by 2d6.
|by Martin Kepler|