GunsThe bones of this are stolen wholesale from Luke Thomson and Ben Milton (again!)
Firearms come in two basic categories.
- Pistol - d8 damage, 1 slot, 3 quality, can be fired in melee
- Rifle - d10 damage, 2 slots, 3 quality, disadvantage when fired into melee.
- Black powder - Must be reloaded after each shot, reloading takes a turn.
- Semi-automatic - Pistols have 6 shots, rifles have 8.
An ammo pouch and cleaning tools take up 1 slot. It can hold 24 charges / bullets
Rifles can be affixed with a bayonet (d6 damage, 3 quality, 1 slot), which can be removed and used as a normal melee weapon if needed.
A standard grenade takes up 1 slot and does 2d6 damage within a 10 foot radius, ignoring armor.
Martial ArtsFighting styles fulfill the role of both weapon and armor, and take up equivalent slots. Multiple styles may be learned by a character, but only one can be equipped at a time - switching styles requires that you have the slots available for use. New styles can only be learned by finding a master and then leveling up while in their tutelage.
Each martial art has a perk and a drawback.
49 Empty Palms - d8 damage, 14 AC, 5 slots
- Perk - Your attacks count as magical.
- Drawback - Known only to angels.
Peasant's Path - d6 damage, 12 AC, 2 slots
- Perk - You blend in with crowds of commoners and rural folk.
- Drawback - You cannot hold a position of high social status.
Wheel of the Elements - d6 damage, 13 AC, Spells: Shape Earth, Control Fire, Bend Water, Move Air, 7 slots
- Perk - 1/2 damage from preferred element.
- Drawback - Double damage received from opposed element.
Crane Style - d8 damage, 13 AC, 4 slots
- Perk - Your reach is as a spear.
- Drawback - Disadvantage when resisting knockdown.
Mountain Stance - d10 damage, 18 AC, 9 slots
- Perk - You cannot be knocked down in this stance.
- Drawback -You cannot leave the ground in this stance.
Pressure Point Style - 0* damage, 15 AC, 5 slots
- Perk - You can catch anything thrown to you.
- Drawback -Your hands are permanently numb.
Way of the Pebble - d6 damage (ranged), 14 AC, 5 slots
- Perk - If you kill an enemy, you may make an additional attack on a second.
- Drawback -Skin takes on a rough, unpleasant appearance.
Porcelain Fist - d10 damage, 11AC, 3 slots
- Perk - You may damage yourself to do more damage (no greater than lvl)
- Drawback - Healing you receive is half as effective.
Drunken Monk - 2d4 damage, 13 AC, 4 slots
- Perk - Can use any item as an improvised weapon
- Drawback - Must be intoxicated to use this stance.
Way of the White Hand - d6 damage 16 AC, Spells; White Hand, Black Hand, 8 slots
- Perk - Knowledge of distant lands and cultures.
- Drawback -Vegetarian diet, deathly feud with the Red Hand.
Several perks / drawbacks were suggested by twocalf on the Discord server. That gif is an edit from K6BD done by Cryophage.