Sunday, June 10, 2018

Shadow of the Eschaton (Draft 1)

Marko Djurdjevic

I hacked Degenesis into the Shadow of the Demon Lord system. You can find it here. It's neither pretty, complete, or tested, but it should work well enough to not immediately collapse. Mostly it's a means of getting ideas out of my head and testing out some mechanical waters. Depending on how things go, there might be further drafts down the line.

Right now, it contains:
  • Character creation
  • 7 cults, with progression templayes
  • Cult-related items
  • Spore infection mechanics
While making this, there was a lot of translation of progression via ranks within a faction (rather than "get X money and go up a level"), and so character growth is focused on accessing better equipment and greater privileges. I really like this idea, and will certainly be returning to it elsewhere later.

If anyone happens to take this for a spin, let me know! I'll do my best to fix any breakages.

1 comment:

  1. Making weird hack projects that never go beyond draft one is a vice of mine, it seems, but hey: it's practice.

    ReplyDelete